The Lead Advisor is a prestigious, pivotal role at BCMS, and the focal point of the transactional deal-making team. Working in partnership with SME clients across multiple sectors, you will set the strategic direction of a project, manage all deal negotiations, and be the principal point of contact between business owners and prospective acquirers. In addition, you will manage relationships with appropriate advisors and other third-parties, including legal advisors.
Commercially astute and an expert, proven negotiator, you will be able to identify the key ‘selling points’ of our clients’ businesses, and advise and support business owners on a full range of sale options and outcomes. You will deal directly with senior/board-level executives at acquiring organisations, so a proven ability to build and develop business relationships and commercial partnerships is absolutely essential.
This high-profile, senior role is ideally suited to an individual with extensive commercial experience, a strong financial background, technical knowledge of the demands of corporate finance, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Current BCMS employees who excel in the role joined us from a wide range of commercial backgrounds, including financial services, corporate finance, sales and account management at blue chip organisations.
- Able to manage high-level negotiations
- Exceptional client focus and account management skills
- Independent, self-starting, commercially astute, and with a positive approach to new business development.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to build and maintain relationships across sectors
- Understanding of M&A marketplace, including valuation techniques and financial models
- Ability to analyse all types of data, interpreting facts and figures, in particular financial information
- Ability to manage client relationships, and advise, tailor and implement commercial strategy on a client’s behalf
- ACA / ACCA qualified (preferred)
- Corporate finance experience/senior commercial experience at a range of organisations
- Experience of a range of M&A deal types, including Trade Sales to other organisations, Management Buy-Ins, Management Buy-Outs, Private Equity
- Experience of managing a wide-ranging portfolio of clients
- Experience of presenting to clients, colleagues and advisors at board level